- How many ancestors am I likely to find?
- Will my report contain 1911 census information?
- I have traced my Scottish roots back to 1855 and am stuck, can you trace back further for me?
- How long will it take to complete my family tree?
- How far back can you research?
- How do you present your research?
- You did a Crofter's report for us, can we now upgrade to a Laird's package?
- How established are you?
- What is the difference between your packages?
- Can we start off with a basic report and then build on it at a later date?
- Can we pay in different currencies?
- I notice that you offer to present the Royal report in a book format, is this available for any other package?
- We have a specific line or ancestor we would like looked up, do you offer one off searches?
- Do you trace living relatives?
- What period in Scottish History did our ancestors live?
- What is the origin of our Scottish surname?
- How can I find out how my ancestors lived?
- What is a Gedcom file?
- Do you supply a Gedcom file with all your packages?
Normally we research one or two family lines (names) but we do have a current special offer on our Royal package which provides research into your entire family tree. Instead of tracing back your paternal line for example we would trace ALL your Scottish ancestors. Our most popular Laird'spackage could therefore produce:
- 2 parents
- 4 grandparents
- 8 great grandparents
- 16 great great grandparents
- 32 great great great grandparents
Our Royal package would add on a further few generations - back as far as records allow. View more information on our special offer.
Yes, we now have full access to the 1911 census.
We would be delighted to trace back further for you. Please contact us with as much detail as possible and we will take it from there.
We aim to have your commissioned research completed and presented within 3 weeks for the Crofter's and Laird's packages and 4 weeks for the Royal package, however, if you would like it for a specific earlier date then please contact us and we will try and accommodate you without compromising diligence and accuracy.
We endeavour to research as far as possible dependant on your chosen package, however we rely on the availability and accuracy of Parish records which can vary dramatically depending on the diligence of the Parish record keeper. Other complications can be illegitimacy and adoption. Each and every commission is unique and tailored to your needs.
The information gleaned from the records and our research path is beautifully presented in a report format displayed in a variety of formats such as MS Word, Adobe pdf or printed for you to easily share with your family and friends. Every commission includes a Family Tree Pedigree Chart and a report citing the sources. If you are after something special then we can include images of the records, maps and census readings and even publish in a book format.
Yes, you can upgrade between any of the packages at any time. Just contact us for a price.
Our team have been researching Scottish Family Trees for over 20 years and use a wealth of experience to research as much as possible with great diligence and care.
The main difference between the packages is the research time. The further back that we go the harder the records are to find and research. Our Crofter's package relates only to the Statutory records and is therefore considerably less time consuming to investigate and report than the 'Laird and 'Royal' packages which rely on the Old Parish records. The other difference is presentational.
Absolutely, we are often asked to research either another branch of a tree or go back further in a specific line.
Yes, we accept Sterling, US Dollars, Canadian Dollars and Australian Dollars. Please select your chosen currency when ordering and you will be invoiced using that day's exchange rate.
Yes, Contact Us for a price.
Yes we do, Contact Us with the details and we will give you a price and likely timescale.
We do not currently offer that service.
We have compiled a , Historical Timeline showing periods in Scottish history that influenced population moves and we will refer to this in our reports to put your ancestors lives into context.
Gedcom is an acronym for GEnealogical Data COMmunication. It is a medium for exchanging genealogical data between Family Tree Software packages.
We supply a Gedcom file with our 'Royal' package only.